Be Your Own Guide with Version 2019 GPS Maps for Ontario!
From the beaches and stunning parks of the Great Lakes to the endless forest and ancient Canadian Shield rock of the interior and the vast, unbroken wilderness of the north, Ontario has a dazzling range of options for outdoor explorers. Whether you are paddling, fishing, hiking, camping, hunting, ATVing or cross-country skiing, our Version 2019 Ontario GPS Maps are your ultimate guide to outdoor recreation in the province.
Industry Leading Topographic Contours and Shading
These Garmin-licensed GPS Maps feature the height of cartographic sophistication, giving you the most detailed, easy-to-use and comprehensive maps available for Ontario.
What’s New in Version 2019:
- BRMB GPS Maps are compatible with the new Garmin 66i unit with inReach technology
- Refined 34,600+ km of our industry leading Forest Service and backroad network
- Added hundreds of new Ontario Lakes to our lake bathymetry data
- Added close to 4,000 km of new Paddling Routes including close to 440 new access and portage locations
- Added 1,500+ new Backcountry and Canoe Campsites
- Added 1,500+ km of new motorized trails for ATV’s and Snowmobiles including 110+ new trailheads and staging areas
- Added 80 km of new Multi-Use Trails including the Trans Canada Trail with 130+ new trailheads
- Added 225+ new Provincial, National and Urban Parks including 20 new Campsites, Day Use/Picnic Areas and Huts/Shelters
- Added 200+ new First Nations Reservations
- Added thousands of mile markers along Railway Corridors
- Enhanced the Snowmobile Route cartography for improved display
So Much More Than Just Maps!
Backroad Mapbooks’ industry-leading topographic maps are trusted by recreationists and industry workers alike, and are even the maps of choice for search and rescue organizations. Also included in the GPS Maps are detailed written descriptions of hunting areas, fishing lakes and rivers, national and provincial parks, wildlife viewing areas, multi-use trails and more. Carefully compiled by our team of outdoor writers and researches, these descriptions include information on access, regulations, difficulty, species and more. With thousands of adventures to take on including hiking, camping, ATVing, snowmobiling, canoeing and kayaking, the only problem you will have is deciding where to go first.
Ontario GPS Map Features:
- Over 150 ON Wildlife Management Zones (WMZ) for hunters
- Over 660,000 km of our backroads network combined into one map, including close to 310,000 km of routable roads
- Fishing Lakes and Rivers with close to 7,300 locations with descriptions and fish species
- Close to 2,400 Boat Launch locations
- Close to 3,000 Trails with front country and backcountry locations and descriptions
- ATV Trails with close to 290 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Snowmobile Trails with over 490 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Parks with over 4,100 National, Provincial and Regional Park locations and descriptions
- 5,300 Backcountry campsites
- Over 620 Campground and Picnic locations
- Paddling with over 8,500 paddling route access points descriptions and portage locations
- Wildlife Viewing with over 350 locations and descriptions
- Over 280 Winter Recreation Sites and Downhill Ski Areas
- Over 6,650 City, Town and Community locations
- Close to 64,000 searchable land and water geographic features
- Garmin-licensed & compatible with Garmin GPS™, Basecamp™, MapSource™ and RoadTrip™.
- Includes all standard Garmin features such as Find tool, city navigation and more.
- Preloaded 1:20,000 / 1:50,000 base scale seamless topographic maps.
- Provides 3D views and the highest level of map detail available on select Garmin GPS units and Basecamp™.
- Showcases Crown land areas.
- Includes Lake Bathymetry depth contours for close to 1,500 lakes.
- Industry leading cartographic contours and shaded relief for all of Ontario and southern Quebec.